Saturday, January 15, 2005

Understanding Congregational Core Values

http://www.virtueonline.org/portal/modules/news/article.php?storyid=1890

[VirtueOnline] January 3, 2005--For much of my teaching ministry with congregations or consulting with parishes, I have taught the values of a church having a Vision and writing a Mission Statement.While I still believe that these are helpful tools for church leadership, over-the-years I have come to realize the importance of Core Values. This first came forcefully home to me when my work in the Diocese of Texas brought me into contact with the Church Multiplication Center and their boot camps for church planters.We learned early on to send our future planters to the camp to gear up for the new launch. Everyone I sent there spoke highly of this work, a recent seminary graduate told me that "every Priest should be required to attend one of these."

No comments: