Monday, June 13, 2005

Hare Krishna cooking: Secret recipes exposed!

http://www.yesweekly.com/main.asp?SectionID=3&SubSectionID=50&ArticleID=225&TM=10593.56

[Yes!Weekly] June 13, 2005--“All the food that is prepared is going to be offered to the deity Krishna,” Leese says. “Just as you would cook very special food for a loved one, this food is prepared with love and devotion. That’s what’s behind the whole philosophy of why we do food distribution: by eating this food, unknowingly their heart changes.”

What would St. Paul say about food offered to a Hindu diety being served at St. Mary's House, an Episcopal church?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He would say, "All foodstuffs should be offered to me before being eaten because it is I who have provided this bounty for my children and they should give thanks, whether in the United States, in India, in Mexico, Africa, Antarctica or the deepest reaches of outer space, matters not in English, Arabic, French, Italian or Latin. I own all, I created all, share your love and appreciation with me, give thanks only to me, serve me, for I am your Father." Well, that's what I think he would say. God bless, shanti.