Friday, March 03, 2006

Man became Wiccan after leaving Episcopal church

http://www.battlecreekenquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060303/LIFESTYLE08/603030323/1032

[Battle Creek Enquirer] March 3, 2006--"I left the Episcopal priesthood in 1997. My sense is that the strain of leading a Christian flock while not fully being able to believe the message I was preaching finally dropped me into what might be called a very early mid-life crisis. I went through a couple of years of therapy and soul-searching — one of those times when a person really asks what she/he is about, what she/he believes, what life holds. I had always been interested in spiritualities of most any kind.

"During that time I read the Harry Potter books along with my children. My curiosity about the world of Harry Potter led me to do an Internet search on magic, which led me to Wicca. Online, I became acquainted with people from a Wiccan group in Flint. Eventually my wife and I went there and immediately felt we had finally found our spiritual home."

Is this were the Episcopal Church is heading? May be the danger of reading Harry Potter books has not be exaggerated?

No comments: