Friday, March 10, 2006

Presiding Bishop lashes out at "anonymous questionnaire"

http://www.virtueonline.org/portal/modules/news/article.php?storyid=3731

[VirtueOnline] March 9, 2006--Because several of you have inquired about an anonymous questionnaire that was sent to bishops with a covering note from George Carey I thought it might be well to share with you my own thoughts on the matter. I have just written to George telling him that I am suspicious of anything that is anonymous and that the questions themselves lead me to believe the intention of those who have asked him to circulate the questionnaire is far from benign. I also told him that though I am sure he was well intentioned, I can only believe the questionnaire will be used to sow division among us at precisely the moment when the majority of you are seeking a common ground across a wide spectrum of theological perspectives

No comments: