Saturday, March 31, 2007

Fr. Donald Armstrong's Letter to Grace Church and St. Stephen's Parish

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/local/article/0,1299,DRMN_15_5455875,00.html

[Rocky Mountain News] 31 Mar 2007--It is clear, as I work through what are now formal accusations against me and about which you have been informed in a letter from the diocese, that there is nothing about these allegations that cannot be reasonably understood when all, not just some, of the facts are available. It is my own and the vestry’s intention to share with the congregation all the facts, and we are confident that the operation of our church and my participation in parish decisions will be fully exonerated.

The reality of my innocence, however, is a possibility Rob O’Neill is unwilling to let disrupt his own fantasy that I have done something terribly wrong, and his fierce determination to destroy me has made it impossible for anyone to participate in granting me a fair hearing in the ecclesial system of the Diocese of Colorado for fear of their own professional well being. I have not been afforded due process in any way. I have been prevented by inhibition from responding to the allegations against me. I have been treated as guilty until proven innocent.

No comments: