Friday, July 13, 2007

Developing a Vision When You're Not a Visionary

http://www.christianitytoday.com/bcl/areas/vision-strategy/articles/070711.html

[Christianity Today] 13 July 2007--My wife, Karen, and I are both in leadership at our church. So dinner-table discussions often come back to how to help other Christians step into leadership. Volunteers tell us, "I might be willing to facilitate, but I'm not sure I'm a leader." People don't consider themselves leaders, because when they say leader, they think of only one type: a strong, visionary leader. And they know they're not that.

But you don't have to be a visionary to lead well. We've found we can help people move forward as leaders when we say to them, "You can develop a vision even if you're not a visionary." Here are six ways that mortals like us can see where a group needs to go....

No comments: