Monday, September 17, 2007

Bishop Gray’s Letter on the House of Bishops Meeting

http://www.standfirminfaith.com/index.php/site/article/5984/

[Stand Firm] 17 Sep 2007--From the diocesan web site:

I do not believe, as I've said to many of you previously, that this gathering of the House of Bishops is a final "line in the sand" moment. It is a part of a process that will help us to discern, in the words of the Windsor Report, the "highest degree of communion possible" within our Anglican Communion. I have received my invitation to the Lambeth Conference, as have all but a handful of other bishops. I fully expect this ongoing discernment of communion to continue at Lambeth.

Sadly, I fear Bishop Gray is right: New Orleans will be yet another step in "the process." I disagree with him that, as he seems to imply, this will be yet another typical step in the process. I do believe that in the future we will look back on New Orleans as a major turning point.

No comments: