Thursday, September 27, 2007

Christ Church, Plano: One Year Later

http://www.standfirminfaith.com/index.php/site/article/6371/

[Stand Firm] 27 Sep 2007--In September of 2006 Christ Church, Plano, finalized a negotiated settlement for its withdrawal from the Episcopal Church (USA) and the Diocese of Dallas. It has been quite a year for me... for the parish of Christ Church. I'd like to offer a few thoughts on the kind of year it has been. I will mention the good, the bad, the ugly, and finally, the hopeful. I don't do this for any other reason than to assist my friends and colleagues, known and unknown to me, in various places and situations. Perhaps my reflections and comments might be helpful or encouraging... if not, please ignore this.

First, let me offer ‘the good.'

In some ways, leaving TEC was like closing the door on a bad party that started as a family reunion and ended in a fight. The door closes, you walk away, and you leave it behind... and the noise subsides. The silence is uncomfortable for a little bit... but pretty soon you think to yourself, "Hey, no one is shouting any more!" It feels different... and it feels good.

No comments: