Saturday, November 03, 2007

Bishop Howe Writes an Open Letter to the Presiding Bishop Regarding her Threats of ‘Reconciliation’

http://www.standfirminfaith.com/index.php/site/article/7325/

[Stand Firm] 3 Nov 2007--I have read with great sadness your letter to Bishop Bob Duncan of Pittsburgh. And, since you have chosen to make your letter to him public, I will make this one public, as well.

I have stood shoulder to shoulder with Bob in the efforts of the Network to reverse the course of The Episcopal Church with regard to recent decisions regarding human sexuality.

I part company with him in his decision to abandon the commitment we made when we formed the Network, to work "within the Constitution and Canons of The Episcopal Church."

But, Katharine, I cannot support your thinly veiled threat to resort to litigation if the Diocese of Pittsburgh rescinds its accession to the Constitution and Canons of The Episcopal Church.

No comments: