Saturday, January 19, 2008

Gay 2008: Why ‘Gay’ matters to all of us - Part I

http://www.anglican-mainstream.net/index.php/2008/01/18/i-gay-2008-why-gay-matters-to-all-of-us/#more-2708

[Anglicaqn Mainstream] 19 Jan 2008--I realise many of my reader think I have a fixation on the topic… deeply repressed homophobia, no doubt. Why I go ‘on and on’ is not because I am ‘homophobic’. Eyebrows are raised as readers may respond with a disbelieving ‘Oh Yes?’ Well, I have shared my life, my house and my Golden Retriever with lovely gay men and a close female friend who was also bi fell in love with me - the friendship survived intact. And I have spent years listening to the various types of narrative in circulation so I can understand ‘gayworld’ and its inhabitants better. So, I return to the initial ‘fixation’ issue, hopefully cleared of the charge of homophobia, at least.

No comments: