Tuesday, March 04, 2008

GAFCON - “I will be there, I cannot ignore such a gathering” Bishop Suheil Dawani

http://www.anglican-mainstream.net/index.php/2008/03/03/gafcon-i-will-be-there-i-cannot-ignore-such-a-gathering-bishop-suheil-dawani/#more-2903

[Anglican Mainstream] 3 Mar 2008--Another senior bishop has signalled his intent to be involved in the controversial Global Anglican Future Conference (GAFCON) gathering to be held in the Diocese of Jerusalem before the Lambeth Conference this year. This surprising participant is the Bishop of Jerusalem himself, who pleaded with GAFCON organisers last month to hold the event elsewhere.

“It’s happening, they are coming,” said Bishop Suheil Dawani during a visit to Australia in February. “I will be there. I cannot ignore such a gathering. But I’ll give them our message of unity, of how the church must also be united, and of the importance of our ministry in Jerusalem and all over the world.”

No comments: