Saturday, April 26, 2008

Anglican primate blasts South American rival

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20080421.wanglican22/BNStory/National/home

[Globe and Mail] 26 Apr 2008--Leaders of the Anglican Church in Canada and South America drew beads on each other yesterday with Canadian primate Fred Hiltz posting a letter on the Internet telling South America's Gregory Venables to stay out of the country and Archbishop Venables icily criticizing Archbishop Hiltz's manners in reply.

“My number is there on the Anglican Communion network,” Archbishop Venables said in a telephone interview from Buenos Aires. “I mean, this is only my humble opinion, but if somebody really wants to talk to me, they can pick up the phone and talk to me.

“Do you write a personal letter, between primates, on the Internet if you seriously want a personal dialogue?”

No comments: