Saturday, April 26, 2008

Dr JI Packer speaks at launch of Anglican Network in Canada: geographical exclusiveness cannot be restored.

http://www.anglican-mainstream.net/index.php/2008/04/25/dr-ji-packer-speaks-at-launch-of-anglican-network-in-canada-geographical-exclusiveness-cannot-be-restored/

[Anglican Mainstream] 26 Apr 2008--May I begin by saying where I come from. If a certain dignitary kept his word and threat, I am here under false pretences. Two days ago I will have been deprived of the ministry to which I was ordained in 1952 and I ought not to be wearing a clerical collar. It is utterly tragic. This led me to resonate deeply with the way AB Venables presented in his talk. I have a joyful heart. One cannot be seeking to live under the leading and power of the Holy Spirit without joy in one’s heart. Joy has been added to my state of mind. Despite the fact that in Acts 27 the ship was wrecked, everyone was saved and got safe to land, and we have got safe to land in the same way through the generous offer of jurisdiction from AB Venables which we have settled for most gratefully. I want to celebrate the goodness and graciousness of AB Venables. This is not two Brits together but two Christians together. AB Venables has lightened my gloom considerably. As he illuminated what has gone wrong, I was saying Amen sir you are right, but oh dear.

No comments: