Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Harsh reality sets in for Anglicans

http://www.virtueonline.org/portal/modules/news/article.php?storyid=8003

[Virtue Online] 1 April 2008--Parishioners of some B.C. Anglican churches are facing tough choices when it comes to standing on tough issues.

Dinah Mastine was a life-long Anglican - and her church, St. Philip's in Victoria, had a long-standing reputation for being evangelical. But last year, she felt she could no longer stay there. How did that happen?

Mastine was born, baptized and bred in the Anglican Church. When in her teens she was confirmed, she says, "I believed in God and Jesus, but I had not committed my life. I had things done to me, but had not done anything myself." She did not make the decision to follow Christ until after she left England for Canada in the 1960s. After awhile she came to live in Quebec, where she joined an evangelical Anglican church.I

n 1993, she and her husband Gordon moved to Victoria and joined St. Philip's. Often they would have lively and satisfying discussions with the rector about the faith, and worked together with him in monthly healing services.

But about three years ago, there was a change.

No comments: