Friday, July 18, 2008

“They are gossips, slanderers, haters of God…”

Commentary by Robin G. Jordan

I agree with Andrew Carey’s assessment in his article, "Steel Yourself for Lambeth’s Real Message." The liberals and revisionists in the Anglican Communion are exploiting the 2008 Lambeth Conference to attack those primates and bishops who for reasons of conscience have chosen not to attend that meeting, to spread half-truths and lies about them, and to revile them and their views. However, unlike Carey, I do not believe their aim may be viewed as benign. While the 2008 Lambeth Conference is not supposed to make any decisions or to adopt any resolutions, one can expect a concerted effort on the part of the liberals and the revisionists to shape the "reflection statement" of the Conference, to make it a ringing condemnation of those who stayed away. The background paper written by the Inter-Anglican Theological and Doctrinal Commission, see "Bishops ‘weakening body of Christ’ in row over gays and women," points to that outcome.

After looking over the large number of articles and blog entries on the Internet vilifying confessing Anglicans and with them Biblical Anglicanism and orthodox Christianity, I have concluded that I do not want to be a "repeater" for what can be only described as malicious gossip, motivated by spite. I have therefore decided to limit my coverage of the 2008 Lambeth Conference. I will post blog entries and articles on significant developments at the Lambeth Conference but I will not be a party to the maligning of Biblically faithful Christians.

2 comments:

James Gibson said...

I join with you in implementing a policy of limited Lambeth coverage. I would encourage other bloggers to do the same.

TLF+ said...

The MSM doesn't give coverage to orthodox critiques and rebuttals of TEC/AC manipulations.

So I applaud you for not stewing in minute to minute coverage of all the garbage coming out around Lambeth. It is not news.