Friday, September 19, 2008

How to increase small group participation

http://legacy.pastors.com/RWMT/default.asp?id=361&artid=11405&expand=1

[pastors.com] 19 Sep 2008--I’ve had the privilege of being a member of Saddleback Church for 22 years. I attended the church for almost nine months before I went to the membership class. And in that membership class, they cast a vision: “Come help us reach our community for Christ. But if you’re looking for a place to sit and soak, let us give you the names of 10 or 12 really good churches in the area where you can go.”

That changed my whole perspective. They taught that every member is a minister. It’s about service, not serve us. They were looking for people to join them in a mission and I found myself saying, “You know, I can do that.”

Small groups are a key part of that mission. Everything we do at Saddleback funnels people to the weekend services, into the Christian Life and Services Seminars (C.L.A.S.S.) system, and into small groups. Our whole purpose is to build the five biblical purposes deep within the heart of every believer, and we’ve created a pathway for that.

No comments: