Monday, September 15, 2008

Shadowmancer author: BBC banned me because I'm Christian

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/religion/2910437/Shadowmancer-author-BBC-banned-me-because-Im-Christian.html

[Telegraph] 15 Sep 2008--The Rev G P Taylor, who has sold millions of books worldwide, claims that a producer at the corporation told him they couldn't be "seen to be promoting Jesus".

The author of Shadowmancer, which spent 15 weeks at the top of the British book sales charts in 2003, says that he has been the victim of political correctness that favours minority religions at the expense of Christianity, a claim the BBC denies.

He says that once his present series of books is complete, he will write under another name and employ an actor to do any public appearances, in an attempt to stop his work being "discriminated" against. Taylor, who gave up life as a parish priest after signing a £3.5 million publishing deal with Faber in 2004, believes the BBC began to shun him after he was described as the new C S Lewis – the Christian author who wrote The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. "I had good relations with them until they realised that there were religious allegories in my stories," he said.

"Once they had decided that I was promoting Christianity in my books I found the door firmly shut."

No comments: