Friday, October 10, 2008

Property Cases Argued Before The California Supreme Court Today

http://blog.gajunkie.com/2008/10/08/property-cases-argued-before-the-california-supreme-court-today.aspx

[The GA Junkie] 10 Oct 2008--I am probably way too much of a polity wonk for my own good. (That noise you heard was my wife saying "Amen!")

I arranged my morning around the webcast of the oral arguments before the California Supreme Court of the consolidated Episcopal Church Cases about churches taking property when they leave a denomination. While this case may be about three churches leaving the Episcopal Church, the decision will clarify California state law and PC(USA) governing bodies have filed amicus briefs in this case. As a polity wonk I found the hour of arguments fascinating.

No comments: