Thursday, October 30, 2008

Under the anger, there's grief. Above all, there's Jesus.

http://northernplainsanglicans.blogspot.com/2008/09/under-anger-theres-grief-above-it-all.html

[North Plains Anglicans] 30 oct 2008--Man, I've been crabby lately. You've read a bunch of it here on the blog - even when the content's been straight news, I've picked words to flavor it with anger.

A few months ago, our younger son had his first ever Grand Mal seizure. Scared the heck out of the wife and me. Later that day, we had a ghastly fight. As exhaustion set in, we both realized we were not angry - we were heartbroken for our son.

Can't speak for my wife, but I know that as a man it is normal to drape rage over grief. It borders on cool to punch a hole in the wall; it is tres wimpy to dissolve in tears.

No comments: