Thursday, November 27, 2008

An "alternative" province? Why not?

http://www.virtueonline.org/portal/modules/news/article.php?storyid=9430

[VirtueOnline] 27 Nov 2008--Note: This is a liberal perspective taken from a liberal blog episcopalcafe.com run by the communications director Jim McNaughton of the revisionist Diocese of Washington.

Until two weeks ago, I strongly advocated the Anglican Communion refusing to establish a new province in North America and mandating that provinces cease violating provincial boundaries by conducting ministries or establishing congregations within the Episcopal Church's jurisdiction.

Then I read that the Episcopal Church had spent in excess of $1.9 million in 2008 on lawsuits connected to the departure of parishes and dioceses from this Church. Daily I read about critical needs for healthcare, food, sanitation, and shelter in the United States and abroad. I see the spiritual illness and death that afflict so many. I remember that Anglicans have wisely never claimed to be the only branch of the Christian Church.

I started to wonder, Was I wrong? Why not another North American province?

No comments: