Saturday, November 29, 2008

Nine doors to knock on

http://www.sydneyanglicans.net/mission/missionthinking/nine_doors_to_knock_on/

[sydneyanglicans.net] 29 Nov 200--Most ministers fear not being creative enough when it comes to taking the Gospel to our city. My response is that we don’t all need to be innovators. But we must watch, critique and improve upon what others are doing for our own situation. Often new ministries commence by us being reflective “bower birds”; collecting and using the work of others.

Over the last few weeks I have had the privilege of reading 4th year Moore College students’ examination of our culture, and their investigations into how we might use modern cultural trends to proclaim Christ. I thought I’d share some of them with you. My intention is not necessarily that you will do these things. I just hope to stimulate you to think about the wide variety of things that might be done…

No comments: