Saturday, January 31, 2009

Do you believe the truth about us?

http://www.sydneyanglicans.net/senior_clergy/archbishop_jensen/articles/do_you_believe_the_truth_about_us/

[sydneyanglicans.net] 31 Jan 2009--The title won me, and I purchased the book: I Don’t Believe in Atheists, by Chris Hedges. I am sorry I succumbed because I think that the book is a diatribe with little to support it by way of evidence.

But I did not completely waste my money. The author studied theology before becoming a journalist. There is one thing in particular which he is very clear about and which comes straight from the Bible – the evil which inevitably accompanies human existence. He thinks that the new atheists and Christian fundamentalists are both guilty of utopianism – the belief that human beings can by their own strength create heaven on earth.

No comments: