Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Art to explain complex things

http://www.sydneyanglicans.net/mission/missionthinking/vid_explaining_complicated_things/

[sydneyanglicans.net] 25 Feb 2009--Perhaps I haven’t been paying enough attention, but I’ve found this whole financial crisis business very confusing. I’ve found myself ignorantly flinging around the term ‘GFC’ (global financial crisis) and blaming it for many (unrelated) problems in the world (and thanking it for reduced petrol prices) but I’ve struggled to understand why everything went wrong and continues to get worse. The terms ‘sub-prime mortgage’ and frozen credit markets’ don’t mean a lot to your average punter – people definitely like me, and perhaps like you too.

I’ve recently come across some videos created by people who have a wonderful way of explaining complicated things – cutting through the technical jargon, and using great visual imagery to communicate the important details.

No comments: