Wednesday, February 11, 2009

An Open Letter from Archbishop Akinola to Archbishop Williams

http://www.anglican-mainstream.net/2009/02/10/an-open-letter-from-archbishop-akinola-to-archbishop-williams/

[Anglican Mainstream] 11 Feb 2009--I am writing in regard to the recently concluded Primates Meeting in Alexandria, Egypt. Thank you for all of your contributions. I admire how you bear graciously the divergent views and enormous pain they impose. As I indicated at the time I was grateful that we were able to discuss core theological convictions and achieve considerable clarity about our differences. That we were able to do so in an atmosphere of respect and without rancour is not only an answered prayer but it is also a testimony and credit to your role in this outcome and something for which I am most appreciative.

No comments: