Wednesday, March 18, 2009

To ask God is to praise him

http://www.sydneyanglicans.net/senior_clergy/archbishop_jensen/articles/to_ask_god_is_to_praise_him/

[sydneyanglicans.net] 18 Mar 2009--When the lame man was healed as recorded in the Acts of the Apostles, he went about walking and leaping and praising God for what had happened to him. As you would.

The other day I went for my usual walk. I often pray as I walk, but on this occasion I decided to confine my prayers to the praise of God for what he has given us in creation. There was no shortage of things to praise him for, and no shortage of beautiful and wonderful things. Mind you, the beautiful and the wonderful are so common that we often take them for granted and forget just how remarkable the world is – and how remarkable and kind is the God who made the world.

Now what did I praise him for?

No comments: