Saturday, July 11, 2009

Freedom to do what you don’t like

http://www.sydneyanglicans.net/ministry/theology/freedom_to_do_what_you_dont_like/

[sydneyanglicans.net] 11 July 2009--Christian freedom is the freedom to be a servant of others. (Galatians 5:13). The freedom that is “Christian” is the freedom that enables me to do what I don’t like.

The freedom that allows me to do whatever I want is not Christian freedom - it is license and sometimes licentiousness.

True Christian freedom allows me to do things that are foreign and strange to me so that I may be able to love others and serve them with the Gospel.

When, in the name of Christian liberty, I am free to do what I wanted to do anyway, a deep suspicion enters my mind. It is not that God wants to deny me any pleasure but that I know my motives are corrupted by sin.

No comments: