Friday, January 29, 2010

'In Jos We Are Coming Face to Face in Confrontation with Satan'


http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2010/januaryweb-only/14-21.0.html

{Christianity Today] 29 Jan 2009--Everyone is asking: Why? Why are Muslims and Christians unable to live together in peace on the Jos Plateau? Why is there a continuing recurrence of violence? These are questions people in Nigeria and journalists from all over the world have asked me. I wish I had the answers.

The one thing I do know is that this time, as at other times, Christians once again have become the scapegoat of some evil intention to cause disharmony, separation, pain, destruction of lives and property, and disruption of normal civil life. This to me is evidence of what Jesus meant when he said, "The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly" (John 10:10).

To read the entire article, click here.

To read a related article, "Nigerian Archbishop calls on Muslims to hand back the dead" on TimesOnline, click here.

No comments: