Friday, February 11, 2011

Theological Theology: An Exposition of the Theses -1


A number of people have suggested that, like Luther, I should expand on the theses I posted to help people think through the basis of a new reformation of the Anglican Communion. Luther's Resolutiones disputationum de indulgentiarum virtute was published in 1518 and sought to explain the basis for each of the 95 theses. I have already risked mockery for being so presumptuous as to write the twelve theses I posted in January. Who do I think I am to suggest such a theological basis for the necessary change? But now do I dare go further and explain my own theses as Luther did?

I have decided it is worth doing, if for no other reason than the opportunity to clarify my own thinking and make it just a little more difficult for my words to be misunderstood. But just in case anyone doubts I believe this, let me again confess freely that the theses still need work if they are to be anything more than a curiosity on the edges of the Anglican world. So here goes ...

To read more, click here.

1 comment:

Reformation said...

I hope Mark will enlarge on his perspectives. I posted such at his site.