Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Rethinking Progress in the Christian Life


The gospel has me reconsidering the typical way we think about Christian growth.

It has me rethinking spiritual measurements and maturity; what it means to change, develop, grow; what the pursuit of holiness and the practice of godliness really entails.

What’s been happening in me recently is similar to what happened in me when I first became a Calvinist back in the Winter of 1995.

Everything changed.

I began to read the Bible with new eyes. The sovereignty of God and the sweetness of his unconditional grace were EVERYWHERE! I remember thinking, “How did I miss this before? It’s all over the place.”

Well, the same thing has been happening to me with regard to how I think about Christian growth.

To read more, click here.

No comments: