Tuesday, August 23, 2011

The Jesus Model of Ministry: Determination


We must be determined to fulfill the mission that God has given us in the world. I’ve wanted to quit as pastor of Saddleback more times than I can count. But the call of God keeps me going. You need to keep going too.

Determination: We must never give up.

We all have lots of opportunities to give up on the ministry God has given us. We don’t often think of it Jesus in this way, but he had those opportunities too. The Bible gives one example in Luke 4:42-44: “Early the next morning Jesus went out to an isolated place. The crowds searched everywhere for him, and when they finally found him, they begged him not to leave them. But he replied, ‘I must preach the Good News of the Kingdom of God in other towns, too, because that is why I was sent.’ So he continued to travel around, preaching in synagogues throughout Judea.” (NLT) To read more, click here.

No comments: