Tuesday, August 16, 2011

The Jesus Model of Ministry: Expectation


If you want God to use you, you need to expect Him to do so. He’ll do as much in your life as you expect Him to do. No more. No less.

Jesus expected God to work in His life. There are a lot of examples of this in Scripture. For instance, when Jesus raised Lazarus from the dead. Remember the prayer Jesus prayed that day? He prayed, “I thank you, Father, that you listen to me. I know that you always listen to me, but I say this for the sake of the people here, so that they will believe that you sent me” (John 11:41b-42 TEV).

Jesus wasn’t tentative, saying, “Gee, God, I wonder if you’d be willing to raise Lazarus.” Jesus was certain God listened to him and that God took his requests seriously. Jesus expected God to use him. Pastor, we should expect God to use us too. To read more, click here.

No comments: