Wednesday, August 03, 2011

What humanitarian crisis?


"I was the guest speaker at an Anglican church recently.

It wasn’t in our diocese, but it could have been. I was completely at home with the informal, friendly tone with its strong emphasis communicating the Bible in a way that was easily accessible to people from all walks of life.

Before the meeting, the minister checked what he should ask me during the brief interview before the sermon. My usual response is, “Surprise me.” He did.

“How should we as Christians respond to the current humanitarian crisis facing the world?” he asked when the interview was in full swing.

My mind went into overdrive. Which humanitarian crisis was he referring to? I wanted to answer the question in a dozen ways. But I knew I only had a twenty-second window to nail the crisis I thought he had in mind...." To read more, click here.

No comments: