Thursday, December 15, 2011

Ministry Blah


Respond well when you are having a difficult time in your place of ministry.

Do you ever get a case of "ministry blah"? Never heard of this nasty sickness? I define the "blah" as "a consistent discouragement with your place of service—often accompanied by repetitive complaining." It can be further defined as "feeling like your ministry is useless, that you're not supported, and that no one else cares."

Unfortunately, my immune system isn't always strong enough to fight against this. Sometimes I think I've shaken it, and the next week it hits me again. I think I've won the battle, and soon I've lost all my energy for ministry.

I know that I'm not alone. A friend recently requested, "Please pray for me and my ministry. Satan is attacking me, and I feel like I've lost my purpose." I see people with the symptoms weekly. I hear the complaining. Obviously, the Devil loves to see us struggling through this "blah." He celebrates when we give up on our ministry. He wins when we quit.

It's likely I'll come down with this nagging illness again soon, and no doubt you will battle it, too. I have some ideas that we can use to combat the "blah" when we're infected. To read more, click here.

No comments: