Friday, February 03, 2012

4 reasons you should call instead of write


I really do like the digital age of communications. I can send emails at faster speeds of communication than I would have dreamed years ago. I constantly communicate with my three sons and close friends via text messages. And I send hundreds of brief messages through Twitter and Facebook each month.

Indeed the speed and convenience of electronic communications are fabulous. I would not want to return to previous eras where the options were much more limited.

But there are times when you should call someone instead of writing them. I probably email and text more than I should. It fits my introverted personality not to have to talk with someone. But written communications often can be misconstrued and misunderstood. In many cases, I would have fared better with a telephone call. Keep reading.

No comments: