Saturday, February 11, 2012

An American Prayer Book (2009): The Holy Communion


To give my readers some idea how the 1662 Book of Common Prayer might be rendered into modern English and adapted for use on the North American mission field in the twenty-first century, I am posting the General Notes and The Holy Communion from An American Prayer Book, an unpublished Anglican service book that I compiled in 2009. The principles that guided my compilation of An American Prayer Book may be found in my article, “A New American Prayer Book.” The order for the administration of the Holy Communion in An American Prayer Book is substantially that in the 1662 Prayer Book but in modern English and with a number of additions and alterations from the 1926 Irish Prayer Book, An Australian Prayer Book (1978), and other sources. Keep reading

No comments: