Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Eight Reasons Leaders Lose Their Drive


I love listening to leaders. Most of them offer great insights and practical advice. Over the past year, I have been asking leaders a series of open-end questions. Though my methodology is more anecdotal than scientifically based, the responses I receive are invaluable to me as leader. I think they may be helpful to you as well.

One of the questions I asked was: "Have you ever lost your leadership drive? If so, what were the reasons for it?"

Almost all of the leaders responded affirmatively. They indeed had lost their leadership drive at some point in their lives. And the majority identified a single reason for their diminished drive, though a number identified multiple reasons.

In this article, I identify the top eight responses in order of frequency. Some of the responses may not be mutually exclusive, but I still separate them into distinct categories. Keep reading

No comments: