Wednesday, October 10, 2012

The Best Method for Sharing the Gospel

One day a lady criticized D. L. Moody for his methods of evangelism in attempting to win people to the Lord. Moody's reply was "I agree with you. I don't like the way I do it either. Tell me, how do you do it?" The lady replied, "I don't do it." Moody retorted, "Then I like my way of doing it better than your way of not doing it."

A lame method is better than no method at all when explaining the gospel. Why? Because even a clunky or cheesy method that clearly explains the gospel is better than keeping your mouth shut! The gospel is "the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes" according to Romans 1:16. So when someone unleashes the explosive force of this message it has impact. Whether its through a cube, a book, a tract, a story, a Gospel of John or a video, the Gospel message has power and effect.

People ask me all the time "What is the best method for sharing the gospel?" My answer is always the same. Don't focus on using a method yet. Focus on the mastering the message first. Read more

No comments: