Friday, January 25, 2013

The Biggest Factor in Successful Small Group Ministries



What changes everything in small group ministry? What’s the one thing that makes the biggest difference?

I’ve written about this many times in the last several years, but it’s clear to me that the one thing that changes everything is senior pastor support. To be clear, I’m not talking about moral support. I’m not talking about “I believe in what you’re doing” kind of support. And I’m not talking about simply being a believer and participant (as a leader or a member) in a small group.

Those are all good things. But they’re not ultimately the one thing that changes everything.

The one thing that changes everything is when a senior pastor truly becomes the small group champion. Way more than a figure head or a front man, senior pastors that truly become small group champions actually lead the public charge for small group participation. Read more

No comments: