Friday, February 08, 2013

Four E's of Building a Team



A wise leader obsesses over having the right players on the team. Whether hiring employees or recruiting volunteers, I find it helpful to have a general framework from which you view potential team members. Over the last couple of posts, I shared some thinking on the four C’s: character, competence, chemistry, and conviction. I personally use those C’s when I am considering bringing someone to the team I am leading.

Another framework is Jack Welch’s Four E’s. Welch served as the leader of General Electric during years of immense growth. When looking for people to bring on the team, Welch looked for someone who had energy, energized others, had an edge, and knew how to execute. I find the Four E’s to be a helpful framework when considering a potential team member. Read more

No comments: