Thursday, February 21, 2013

Practice Stewardship: Pass on What You’ve Learned to Other Churches


“You have heard me teach things that have been confirmed by many reliable witnesses. Now teach these truths to other trustworthy people who will be able to pass them on to others.” (2 Timothy 2:2 NLT)

As a new member of the Saddleback staff, I know I’m here because of the principle of stewardship. Saddleback Church poured into me and the church I pastored for 18 years; then I passed onto other churches what I learned from them. You don’t have to be big to make a big splash for the Kingdom; you just have to be willing to help someone the way God helped you. There are no perfect models or churches — just growing ones!

I remember inviting a neighbor to my small group once, and his reply was honest and revealing: “I don’t need a small group,” to which I replied, “Maybe one needs you!”

I have no doubt there is a church near you or far away that desperately needs your help to learn what God has taught you.

So, where do you start? Read more

No comments: