Monday, March 25, 2013

23 Lessons Coffee Taught Me About Reaching the Unchurched



I am an anomaly in America culture. At 47 years old, I have never had a cup of coffee until I attended a Coffee Cupping last week. Coffee Cupping is similar to a wine tasting in that you smell the aromas, identify flavors, test texture, and then drink different types of coffee.

It is not because of religious reasons that I have not had a cup of coffee. I simply do not enjoy hot drinks. Like many people who have no religious background, I have no coffee background. I was truly an outsider in this group of about 15 people at the event.

Within moments I began to realize that many people with no church background likely process their church experience in the same fashion I, with no coffee background, was experiencing the coffee cupping.

With that said, the following are 23 lessons coffee cupping taught me about reaching the unchurched. Make sure you read the last two. Read more

No comments: