Saturday, March 16, 2013

Eight Common Money Questions Asked by Pastors



I have informally counseled hundreds of ministers about financial matters. My background lends itself to such interaction. I have a business degree with a double major in finance and economics. I served as a corporate banker before answering the call to vocational ministry.

In ministry I went to seminary and received two degrees. I served as pastor of four churches, and as dean of a seminary.

My life has consistently been the intersection of business and ministry. Indeed, my current position as president of LifeWay is the perfect example of that intersection.

The purpose of sharing my brief bio is not to brag, but to explain why ministers gravitate toward me on financial matters. Hundreds of ministers have sought my advice. I am humbled and happy to share my knowledge with these servants of God.

Allow me to share in this post some of the more common questions I have been asked. There are probably more than a hundred questions I omitted; these are simply the top eight I have been asked most frequently. Read more

No comments: