Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Leave Boy Scouts, pastor advises parents


Parents of Boy Scouts should remove their children from the organization, Atlanta-area pastor Ernest Easley advised in his Sunday sermon.

Troop 204's affiliation with Roswell Street Baptist Church also will end, Easley said.

"I never dreamed I'd have to stand up publicly and say to parents: Pull your kids out of the Boy Scouts," Easley told Baptist Press May 28.

"If you would have asked me that five years ago, 10 years ago, I would have laughed," Easley said. "And even as I was saying it Sunday morning, I thought, I cannot believe I'm having to address this and encourage parents to pull their children out of the Boy Scouts of America.

"Unbelievable."

The tie between Roswell Street Baptist Church and Troop 204 dates back to 1945. Read more

Also read
Ky. Megachurch Boots Boy Scouts From Campus After Gay Vote
Episcopal bishop applauds gay Boy Scout vote

No comments: