Friday, March 21, 2014

I Don’t Go to Church to Worship Jesus


I can worship Jesus anywhere, at any time.

I don’t need a special building, a special day or a special time to do it. I don’t come into the presence of God when I enter a church building and I don’t leave his presence when the service is over.

Since the Day of Pentecost, all believers have the Holy Spirit living in us from the moment of salvation, so we carry his presence with us. This means that every act of my life, whether alone or in the company of others, can and should be an act of worship.

But I still go to church every weekend. And I would go every weekend, even if I wasn’t a pastor.
Why?

I don’t go to church to worship Jesus. I go to church to worship Jesus with other people. Because I need to worship Jesus in the company of others. We all do.

I need to worship Jesus along with
  • People I know
  • People I don’t know
  • People who know me
  • People I share life with
  • People I share common beliefs with
  • People I disagree with
  • People who love me anyway
  • People I have to love anyway

No comments: