Monday, April 07, 2014

The Church Plant Question: What Would Jesus Do?


Steve Addison: "We must look beyond what we can do and ask, 'What needs to be done? What will it look like when our task is finished?'"

Seeing the End

By the second year of my first church plant, I was confident in my abilities. The new church had survived and grown. Then a painful church fight shook my confidence and prepared me to hear from God. Out of desperation (not discipline), I woke early every morning and spent two hours locked away in my garage praying and reading the Scripture. After three months of seeking God and turning my life and the church back over to him, I heard him speak. My calling was to fuel church planting movements across Australia. Once I had surrendered to God, put aside my plans and lost confidence in my ministry, the vision caught me.

“What would Jesus do?” is a helpful question to ask whenever we are faced with an important decision. When it comes to our mission, an even better question is “What did Jesus do?” If instead of asking ourselves, “What would Jesus do?” we asked, “What did Jesus do?” our ministries would look very different. Keep reading

No comments: