Monday, August 18, 2014

Great Small Church Leadership Teams Aren’t Hired, They’re Built


People often ask me how I was able to hire such a great leadership team in our Small Church.

My answer? We didn’t hire our team. We built it from the inside out. And we’re still building it.

Not one of our staff members was hired from outside the church – other than me. They were all attenders and members who stepped up as volunteers, who developed into leaders, who became staff members. Including my one full-time staff member. He’s been working at the church for 22 years and is now training youth pastors around the world.

And there are a lot of other churches around the country and the world with staff members, both paid and volunteer, who started or developed their ministerial skills at our church. Read more

See also
Loosen the Lid: Let Your Small Church Thrive, Using Bubble-Up Leadership
Four Unexpected Benefits of a Small Church 

No comments: