Friday, October 24, 2014

41 Quotes from Michael Green’s “Evangelism in the Early Church”


In seminary I was introduced to Michael Green as part of my reading in an independent study on evangelism with Dr. John Hammett at Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary. Green is a British theologian, Anglican priest, Christian apologist and author of more than 50 books. Green’s last appointment was Senior Research Fellow and Head of Evangelism and Apologetics at Wycliffe Hall, Oxford in 1997. If you are unfamiliar with Green, here is an introduction to his classic book Evangelism in the Early Church. Read more
I was also introduced to Michael Green as part of my reading in an independent study on evangelism. My independent study, however, was unsupervised: I read what was required and recommended reading on evangelism for seminarians at New Orleans Baptist Seminary. The seminary book store was stocked with books by Anglican writers including Michael Green, Leon Morris, J. C. Ryle, John Stott, and Peter Toon. Their books were on the reading lists for a number of courses at the seminary.

No comments: