Friday, February 27, 2015

9 Things that Won’t Make Us Better Pastors – And 4 That Will


I want to be a better pastor.

I’m always doing everything I can to put more tools in my pastoral tool belt. I read the best books I can find, I seek out wise counsel, I take classes and go to seminars. All of these practices have helped me become a better pastor – some more than others.

But, along the way, I’ve discovered that there are a handful of things many of us strive for that will do nothing to make us better pastors.

I’ve also discovered a list of things that we all know, but sometimes overlook, that will always make us better pastors – and people.

The first list is not exhaustive – it never will be. But I think the second one is. I offer both of them in simple lists because each one stands on its own. Keep reading

No comments: