Monday, March 02, 2015

4 Keys to Evangelism in Honor-Shame Cultures


Jackson Wu shares about how evangelism can happen in honor-shame cultures throughout the world.

I’ll never forget when an atheist, Chinese taxi driver shared the gospel with me. It was one of the best presentations I’ve heard.

He didn’t believe it, of course, but he had heard the message so many times that he could rattle it off like Billy Graham himself had trained him.

I had spent the past 15–20 minutes explaining the gospel in a way that made better sense in an “honor-shame” culture. Periodically, I would pause to see if he was really listening. Would he change the subject? To my surprise, he kept prodding me to say more. Although countless people had shared the gospel with him, he said no one had ever said anything like what he was now hearing. Keep reading

Photo credit: Pixabay, public domain

No comments: