Friday, May 01, 2015

Growing Your Church: Three Articles


“We’re Not Growing. Why?”

We’ve got a great church family. But we’re not growing. We’re not reaching new people or making a difference in our community. I desperately want to lead our church to fulfill our God-given mission. What are some things I should consider?

First, you need to be aware of something I missed in the early days of my pastoral ministry: Everybody likes the idea of reaching new people (at least they say they do), but not everybody likes the reality of it. Keep reading

The #1 Obstacle That’s Holding You Back (and What To Do About It)

Here’s something you don’t hear at most conferences and seminars: Behind every opportunity are obstacles. Keep reading

When You Assume… (Church Growth Edition)

We all make assumptions.

I do. You do.

And they’re almost always wrong.

Especially on complex subjects, like those that involve God and people. Subjects like church health and growth.

But over the years I’ve made many assumptions about church growth anyway. And I’ve heard others make them.

Then I lived a few decades as a pastor. Experience challenged, then changed my assumptions. It showed me that many of them were not valid.

So what should we do when our assumptions are challenged? Let go of them.

With that as a backdrop, here’s a partial list of assumptions many people make about church health, growth and size – many of which I made myself – that have proven to be wrong.

So we need to give them up.

(If you’re new to my blog, this might also help you clear up any assumptions you might have made about me and this ministry. Some have links to previous posts that explain them in more detail.) Keep reading

Photo credit: Pixabay, public domain

No comments: